BOY!!!! We’re so excited to announce that our little one is a he! 🙂 Tuesday was a fantastic day for Andrew and I as we were able to spend nearly 45 minutes staring at our little guy during the ultrasound. We are happy to report that the baby is perfect in every way (we obviously already knew that, but it was nice to have it confirmed). On Tuesday, he was measuring at 1 pound. His leg and head measured to be 21 weeks while his tummy measured at 22 weeks. I was 20 weeks 5 days on the day of the appointment, so he is measuring a little big in comparison to the due date. During the ultrasound we were able to see our little guy open and close his mouth and move all over the place.
Following the great appointment with the doctor, Andrew and I had a quick celebratory lunch/dinner. We then hurried home to set up for the big reveal for both sets of parents. I had decorated a box and placed balloons inside that revealed the gender of our baby. Since both sets of parents live out of the state, we decided to tell the big surprise over video chat. My mom was first up! Unfortunately, my dad was not home due to traveling for his job. I was able to call him right after as well as share some pictures through email. They were both very excited! After sharing the big news with my parents, we video chatted with Andrew’s parents and sister. They were thrilled with the news as well. Needless to say, baby is so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents, aunts, and uncle!
Here’s what Baby Jones is up to this week:
- Baby weighs a pound and is about 10 1/2 inches long which is approximately the size of a pomegranate.
- Baby’s taste buds are now working! Baby will now be able to taste some of the foods that I am eating each day.
Here’s what is happening with me this week:
- Round ligament pains continue when I get up from sitting too quickly.
- Shortness of breath.
- I am finally looking pregnant. I have gotten a lot of stares from strangers and the checkout person at Target asked me if it is my first pregnancy. A student at school this week (she is not in my class) asked me if I was pregnant as well. She said, “You looked skinnier last year and this year you have a belly!”. I explained to her that it can be rude to ask a woman if they are pregnant since some may not be. She then asked me if it was hard to paint my toenails. Apparently she saw a pregnant woman on a Disney show that had trouble bending over. It was a very strange and slightly funny conversation with a student I don’t even work with!
- Tater Tot Hot Dish – If you aren’t familiar with this meal, it is a common casserole served in Minnesota. It is essentially ground beef layered with vegetables and cream of anything soup topped with tater tots. It is baked to a golden brown. I have never liked this meal, but I find it even more repulsive now that I’m pregnant! However being the loving wife that I am, I made it for Andrew this week for dinner.
- My mom’s biscuits, sausage gravy, and fried potatoes!! Three weeks and counting until I get my momma’s homecooking! I can’t wait!!
- I still toss, turn, and wake up several times each night, but I am getting a lot of rest. This week was a busy one for me with the doctor’s appointment, Andrew working late each night, happy hour with coworkers (I had water of course!), and a late night at the Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley concert, so I have been enjoying all the rest I can get.
- Andrew and I survived spending all morning on Saturday registering for baby essentials. The morning went by very quickly, but by the time 1pm hit we were both feeling overwhelmed and hungry. We decided to call it a day and get some lunch before heading home so Andrew could watch his Badgers. I was able to spend some more time adding and deleting items on the registries at home.
- Andrew and I ordered the nursery furniture! We could not believe some of the prices for nursery furniture sets at various stores we visited on Saturday. In the end, we decided on a great set from Target that had high reviews and looks really nice.
- Last but not least, here’s the baby bump picture of the week! 🙂
One thought on “It’s a . . .”
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the time and trouble you went to in designing a perfect reveal. I was so excited and you couldn’t have planned a better experience. You obviously spent valuable time, energy… not to mention creativity!!!!!!!!! on the special surprise. Baby Jones is a lucky little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all so very much!